SKISTAR SWEDISH OPEN 2012
Last Chance To Bid On Bastad Artwork For Charity
by ATP Staff|
Time is winding down in the auction for a one-of-a-kind painting created by ATP players including David Ferrer and Tomas Berdych. Final bids for the SkiStar Swedish Open’s Tennis Artwork for Charity will be accepted on semi-final Saturday at the ATP World Tour 250 tournament, and the artwork will be presented to the owner on the day of the final.
The players worked with Swedish artist Victoria Curling Eriksson to create their piece of the eight-panel painting during last year’s Bastad tournament. In addition to Ferrer and Berdych, other players who contributed include: Juan Monaco, Robin Soderling, Filippo Volandri, Robert Lindstedt, Jonas Bjorkman and Thomas Johansson.
Proceeds from the auction will benefit Robin Soderling’s foundation, launched in 2011 to help children in need. It attempts to improve their everyday lives, assists those that are economically deprived and provides aid to research focused on children’s diseases.
- Ferrer Records 300th Clay-Court Match Win; Cilic, Janowicz Advance
- Berdych Aggressive In Paris Opener; Gabashvili Beats Lopez
- Djokovic Now 21 Matches Unbeaten, Reaches Sixth Rome Final
- Granollers/Lopez To Face Cuevas/Marrero In Rome Doubles Final
- Watch Hot Shot As Ferrer Holds Off Goffin
- Watch Hot Shot: Almagro's Blast Past Djokovic