SKISTAR SWEDISH OPEN 2012
Last Chance To Bid On Bastad Artwork For Charity
by ATP Staff|
Time is winding down in the auction for a one-of-a-kind painting created by ATP players including David Ferrer and Tomas Berdych. Final bids for the SkiStar Swedish Open’s Tennis Artwork for Charity will be accepted on semi-final Saturday at the ATP World Tour 250 tournament, and the artwork will be presented to the owner on the day of the final.
The players worked with Swedish artist Victoria Curling Eriksson to create their piece of the eight-panel painting during last year’s Bastad tournament. In addition to Ferrer and Berdych, other players who contributed include: Juan Monaco, Robin Soderling, Filippo Volandri, Robert Lindstedt, Jonas Bjorkman and Thomas Johansson.
Proceeds from the auction will benefit Robin Soderling’s foundation, launched in 2011 to help children in need. It attempts to improve their everyday lives, assists those that are economically deprived and provides aid to research focused on children’s diseases.
- Berdych, Murray Boost London Chances As Race Turns To Basel And Valencia
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Berdych Denies Dimitrov Second Stockholm Title
- Murray Wins Vienna Thriller Over Ferrer; Boosts London Qualification Hopes
- Murray To Face Ferrer In Vienna Final; Both Continue Push For London
- Dimitrov, Berdych Aim For Stockholm Crown