SKISTAR SWEDISH OPEN 2012
Bastad's Artwork For Charity Auction Launches
by ATP Staff|
David Ferrer, Tomas Berdych and other ATP players have put their art skills on display for the SkiStar Swedish Open’s Tennis Artwork for Charity. The one-of-a-kind painting is being auctioned online, with proceeds to benefit Robin Soderling’s foundation.
The players worked with Swedish artist Victoria Curling Eriksson to create their piece of the eight-panel painting during last year’s ATP World Tour 250 tournament in Bastad. In addition to Ferrer and Berdych, other players who contributed include: Juan Monaco, Robin Soderling, Filippo Volandri, Robert Lindstedt, Jonas Bjorkman and Thomas Johansson.
The auction ends 14th July, during the SkiStar Swedish Open, and the artwork will be presented to the owner on the day of the final.
Robin Soderling Stiftelse, which launched in 2011 during the Bastad tournament, helps children in need. It attempts to improve their everyday lives, assists those that are economically deprived and provides aid to research focused on children’s diseases.
- Ferrer Sets Roland Garros 4R Clash Vs. Cilic
- Nadal Finds His Range At Roland Garros
- Berdych Joins Monfils, Tsonga In Third Round
- Ferrer Records 300th Clay-Court Match Win; Cilic, Janowicz Advance
- Berdych Aggressive In Paris Opener; Gabashvili Beats Lopez
- Djokovic Now 21 Matches Unbeaten, Reaches Sixth Rome Final