MacKay Legacy Lives On Through Youth Tennis Advantage
by ATP Staff|
Tennis lost a dear friend in Barry MacKay last month, but his legacy lives on through the charity, Youth Tennis Advantage.
Inspired by Arthur Ashe, who believed that academic excellence and tennis instruction could improve the lives of underprivileged youth, Youth Tennis Advantage has provided both tennis and tutoring for children throughout the San Francisco Bay Area for more than 25 years.
MacKay served as an active and charter Board member of the non-profit. In a promotional video, he extolled the values of the programme alongside the likes of Michael Chang, Brad Gilbert and Bud Collins:
"YTA is a comprehensive tennis programme, promoting physical, educational and life skills necessary to prepare and empower our youth for leadership in their communities and success in their personal lives.
"Our unique combination of tennis skills instruction, academic tutoring and guidance, and leadership training are helping YTA youth become the next generation of scholar athletes."
Donations to Youth Tennis Advantage can be made in MacKay's memory at www.youthtennis.org.
- Rafa Latest To Take ALS Challenge
- Federer Accepts #IceBucketChallenge
- ATP Staff Continues Fight Against ALS In #IceBucketChallenge
- Ice, Ice Djokovic Completes #IceBucketChallenge
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
- Fognini Poses Naked For British Cosmopolitan To Raise Male Cancer Awareness