REGIONS MORGAN TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Harrison Joins Fellow Pros On Visit To St. Jude Children's Hospital
by ATP Staff|
ATP World Tour players visited patients at St. Jude Children’s Hospital, one of the 2011 ATP ACES For Charity grant recipients, on opening Monday of the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships in Memphis.
Matthew Ebden, Colin Fleming, Ryan Harrison, Ross Hutchins and Alex Kuznetsov were taken on a tour of the hospital before making surprise visits to the rooms of young fans and signing autographs in the lobby.
“Having the opportunity to visit St. Jude’s was a special experience for me as it has long been one of the most amazing hospitals in the world,” said Harrison. “Seeing the center today was something I will never forget and the people of Memphis should be very proud to have St. Jude’s as a part of their community.”
The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, affiliated with the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships since 1993, is internationally recognised as a premier pediatric cancer research centre and is the only one of its kind where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. In addition to childhood cancers, research and treatment at St. Jude includes sickle cell disease, influenza and pediatric HIV/AIDS.
- Watch Acapulco Hot Shot: Harrison's Great Reflexes
- Watch Hot Shot: Karlovic, Harrison Pushed To Limits
- Nishikori Claims Memphis Three-Peat
- Fyrstenberg/Gonzalez Clinch First Title In Memphis
- Nishikori Survives Querrey To Reach Memphis Final Against Anderson
- Nishikori Survives Krajicek; Young To Face Anderson In Memphis SF