BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL 2013
First-time Partners Melo/Robredo Claim Brisbane Title
by ATP Staff|
The highlight of the match came from Melo, who, at one stage, hit a forehand passing shot around the net post.
“I saw the short volley and I just ran … after that point the match started to change because then we broke them,” said Melo. “The second set we played unbelievably.”
Despite not playing a doubles match last year, Spain's Robredo claimed his fifth ATP World Tour doubles title, his most recent since the January 2011 at the Heineken Open in Auckland.
“We decided to play together just to see what would happen … We only decided at the beginning of December. If we have the opportunity to play again, for sure we will," Melo said.
It was Butorac and Hanley's second ATP World Tour doubles final as a team, and the Australian's 50th overall.
- Butorac/Klaasen Topple Bryans For Memphis Crown
- Davydenko/Istomin Win Montpellier Doubles Title
- Germany Meets France In Davis Cup QFs; U.S. Stays Alive
- Switzerland Triumphs; Czech Republic, Japan, Kazakhstan On The Brink
- Lindstedt/Kubot Claim Melbourne Doubles Crown
- Australian Open Doubles Final Preview