BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL 2013
First-time Partners Melo/Robredo Claim Brisbane Title
by ATP Staff|
The highlight of the match came from Melo, who, at one stage, hit a forehand passing shot around the net post.
“I saw the short volley and I just ran … after that point the match started to change because then we broke them,” said Melo. “The second set we played unbelievably.”
Despite not playing a doubles match last year, Spain's Robredo claimed his fifth ATP World Tour doubles title, his most recent since the January 2011 at the Heineken Open in Auckland.
“We decided to play together just to see what would happen … We only decided at the beginning of December. If we have the opportunity to play again, for sure we will," Melo said.
It was Butorac and Hanley's second ATP World Tour doubles final as a team, and the Australian's 50th overall.
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Lucky Losers Herbert/Przysiezny Win Tokyo Doubles Title
- Murray Saves 5 Match Points For Shenzhen Crown
- Murray Digs Deep, Faces Robredo In Shenzhen Final
- Doubles Description: Dodig/Melo