QATAR EXXONMOBIL OPEN 2013
Ferrer Finds Repeat Of 2012 A Tricky Proposition
by ATP Staff|
World No. 5 David Ferrer believes it will be hard to replicate his 2012 season in the New Year.
Ferrer won an ATP World Tour-best seven titles and 76 matches in 2012. “It will be difficult to win the same like last year," he said in Doha on Monday. "Last year, of course, was the best of my career, and this year I will try to do [the same] again. I am really trying to improve my game and … [ensure] I am focused every point.”
“My goal is to be [in the] Top 10. It is difficult to win a Grand Slam [championship]. I never [reached a] final. Every year is more difficult, because I am older.”
Ferrer has an 18-15 record in ATP World Tour finals. He will play a qualifier in the Qatar ExxonMobil Open first round. He is returning to Doha for the third time and the first time since 2005.
The Spaniard will be looking to improve on a 1-2 record at the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tournament. Eight years ago, he lost to Roger Federer in the first round and in 2002 fell to Jan-Michael Gambill in the second round.
- Nadal Wins In 800th Match; Dolgopolov Overcomes Almagro
- Ferrer To Vie For Buenos Aires Three-Peat Against Fognini
- Murray Takes Rotterdam WC, BA Adds Ferrer
- Ferrer, Berdych To Play For SF Berth
- Ferrer Denies Chardy Upset Bid For Fourth Round Berth
- Ferrer, Berdych, Gasquet Win First-Round Melbourne Matches