ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 1
Butorac/Hanley Reach Second Team Final
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Eric Butorac and Paul Hanley reached their second ATP World Tour final together on Friday as they defeated Cypriot/Finnish duo Marcos Baghdatis and Jarkko Nieminen 6-2, 6-3 at the Brisbane International.
The Australian/American pairing struck eight aces and lost only four points on serve as they raced to victory in 44 minutes. They reached their first final together at the 2012 Thailand Open in Bangkok (l to Lu/Udomchoke).
The 35-year-old Hanley is bidding to win this ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tournament for the second time after victory with Lukas Dlouhy in 2011 (d. Lindstedt/Tecau).
- Peya/Soares Open Monte-Carlo Campaigns; Nestor/Zimonjic Into QFs
- Bryans Extend Winning Streak, Reach Monte-Carlo QFs
- Bryans Retain Indian Wells Title
- Davydenko/Istomin Win Montpellier Doubles Title
- Germany Meets France In Davis Cup QFs; U.S. Stays Alive
- Switzerland Triumphs; Czech Republic, Japan, Kazakhstan On The Brink