ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 1
Lindstedt/Zimonjic Lose Doha Season Opener
by ATP Staff|
Treat Conrad Huey and Dominic Inglot beat top seeds Robert Lindstedt and Nenad Zimonjic 6-2, 6-2 in 60 minutes on Monday at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open. Zimonjic won the 2007 title with Mikhail Youzhny. Lindstedt and Zimonjic reached the If Stockholm Open final in October and are playing together full-time in 2013.
Third seeds Daniele Bracciali and Oliver Marach won nine of their 10 break point opportunities to beat Spaniards Pablo Andujar and Feliciano Lopez 7-5, 6-4, while fourth seeds Frantisek Cermak and Michal Mertinak lost to Jonathan Erlich and Mikhail Youzhny 4-6, 6-3, 10-7.
Jurgen Melzer and Milos Raonic teamed up for the second time to reach the quarter-finals of the Brisbane International with a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Martin Klizan and Scott Lipsky. The Austrian/Canadian duo fired eight aces and broke serve once in each set to claim victory at the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tournament in one hour. Melzer and Raonic go onto face top seeds Eric Butorac and Paul Hanley.
- Federer Leads All-Star Brisbane Line-Up
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel