ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 2
Top Seeds Open Auckland Campaign
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Colin Fleming and Bruno Soares came across testing local opposition in their Heineken Open first-round match on Monday, needing a Match Tie-break to defeat New Zealand wild cards Daniel King-Turner and Michael Venus 2-6, 7-6(6), 10-7.
Great Britain’s Fleming is playing with Soares of Brazil for the first time this week. The 30-year-old Soares is a former runner-up at this ATP World Tour 250 hard court tournament, reaching the final with Marcelo Melo in 2010 (l. to Daniell/Tecau).
Jeremy Chardy and Lukasz Kubot won their second match of the year, defeating Australian wild cards James Duckworth and Chris Guccione at the Apia International Sydney 6-4, 7-5. The French/Polish duo served eight aces, though they converted just one of seven break point chances.
In the second round, they face either Barclays ATP World Tour Finals champions Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez or Rohan Bopanna and Marcelo Melo. Chardy and Kubot have won one ATP World Tour title as a team, Stuttgart's MercedesCup last July.
- Biggest Upsets Of 2013: Nos. 10-6
- Del Potro Headlines In Sydney
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers