ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 3
Anderson/Erlich Upset Defending Champions
by ATP Staff|
Anderson and Erlich hit five aces, won 77 per cent of their first service points and converted four of their seven break point opportunities to beat the Indian-Czech team 6-3, 7-5 in 89 minutes.
“Polish Power”, Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, the No. 8 seeds, experienced a first round exit. Australians John Peers and John-Patrick Smith converted three of their 10 break point opportunities to win 6-4, 6-7(2), 6-1 in one hour and 32 minutes.
Ninth seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares, who are competing together for the first time in Melbourne, overcame Jurgen Melzer and Olivier Rochus 6-3, 6-2. Soares won last week’s Heineken Open doubles title with Colin Fleming.
- Dimitrov Withstands Anderson Onslaught to Capture Acapulco Title
- Anderson/Ebden Win Acapulco Doubles Crown
- Dimitrov Edges Murray To Face Anderson For Title
- Federer Fights Back To Beat Stepanek
- Cilic Survives Anderson Test For Delray Beach Crown
- Anderson Closing On Second Delray Beach Title, Faces Cilic In Final