ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 4
Bhupathi/Nestor Ousted By Italian Duo
by ATP Staff|
Bolelli and Fognini converted three of their 10 break point opportunities to oust Bhupathi and Nestor in one hour and 53 minutes. The Italians are through to their second major quarter-final, having advanced to the US Open semi-finals in 2011. They’ll look to equal their showing at Flushing Meadows when they face Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah.
The Colombian tandem topped Marcos Baghdatis and Grigor Dimitrov 7-6(6), 7-6(5) to reach the quarter-finals. Neither team faced a break point on serve in the match, but Cabal and Farah squeaked by in both tie-breaks to advance in one hour and 41 minutes.
Eleventh seeds David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco overcame Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-4. The Spaniards cracked 45 winners to 25 unforced errors and broke Benneteau and Roger-Vasselin three times to take the hard-fought meeting in two hours and 11 minutes.
- Wu Di Wins Australian Open Wild Card
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel