ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 4
Granollers/Lopez Surge Into Semis
by ATP Staff|
Third seeds Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez surged into the Australian Open semi-finals on Tuesday in Melbourne as they dismissed Brazilian/French duo Thomaz Bellucci and Benoit Paire 6-3, 6-1. The Spaniards converted four of their 13 break point chances to claim victory in 71 minutes.
Granollers and Lopez are through to their second major semi-final after reaching the last four at the US Open in September (l. to Paes/Stepanek). They won the biggest title of their career at last year’s Barclays ATP World Tour Finals (d. Bhupathi/Bopanna).
Dutch duo Robin Haase and Igor Sijsling prevented an all-Spanish semi-final as they defeated 11th seeds David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 7-6(3) in 72 minutes. Haase and Sijsling are playing their first Grand Slam championship together.
- Biggest Comebacks Of 2013: Nos. 10-6
- Wu Di Wins Australian Open Wild Card
- Peya/Soares, Marrero/Verdasco Qualify For SFs From Group B
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals