ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 4
Granollers/Lopez Surge Into Semis
by ATP Staff|
Third seeds Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez surged into the Australian Open semi-finals on Tuesday in Melbourne as they dismissed Brazilian/French duo Thomaz Bellucci and Benoit Paire 6-3, 6-1. The Spaniards converted four of their 13 break point chances to claim victory in 71 minutes.
Granollers and Lopez are through to their second major semi-final after reaching the last four at the US Open in September (l. to Paes/Stepanek). They won the biggest title of their career at last year’s Barclays ATP World Tour Finals (d. Bhupathi/Bopanna).
Dutch duo Robin Haase and Igor Sijsling prevented an all-Spanish semi-final as they defeated 11th seeds David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 7-6(3) in 72 minutes. Haase and Sijsling are playing their first Grand Slam championship together.
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- Bryans Capture Historic 100th Team Title
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown