ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 4
Bryans On Track For Ninth Melbourne Final
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan reached the Australian Open semi-finals on Wednesday with a 6-3, 7-5 victory over Daniele Bracciali and Lukas Dlouhy. The Americans needed 67 minutes to prevail, converting all three of their break points and saving five of the six they faced.
The 34-year-old Bryans have reached the Australian Open final eight times and are bidding to win the title for the sixth time this year after victories in 2006-07 and 2009-11. Last season they were beaten in the final by Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek.
The Bryans are undefeated in 2013, having come into Melbourne on the back of success at the Apia International Sydney (d. Mirnyi/Tecau).
In the semi-finals they will face Italians Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini, who reached their second major semi-final together with a 1-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory over Colombians Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah. Bolelli and Fognini also reached the last four at the 2011 US Open (l. to Melzer/Petzschner).
- Nadal, Bryan Brothers Nominated For Laureus Awards
- Bryans Claim Delray Beach Hat-trick
- Davydenko/Istomin Win Montpellier Doubles Title
- Germany Meets France In Davis Cup QFs; U.S. Stays Alive
- Switzerland Triumphs; Czech Republic, Japan, Kazakhstan On The Brink
- Stan's Rankings Rise Is Biggest In 10 Years