ATP Announces 2014 ATP World Tour Calendar
by Press Release|
The ATP has released its 2014 ATP World Tour calendar, as approved by the ATP Board of Directors. The 2014 calendar, featuring 61 tournaments in 31 countries across six continents, will incorporate a four-week South American swing in February, highlighted by a new ATP World Tour 500 event in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Brad Drewett, ATP Executive Chairman & President, said: “The four-week South American swing including a new event in Rio de Janeiro is an exciting development for the sport. There are significant opportunities for growth in South America, a region that has become a key focus for us as we look to grow and develop the sport in that territory.”
“Following careful consideration and feedback from our tournament and player members, the prevailing consensus for the benefit of our key stakeholders was to reinstate a week’s break in between the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Paris and our season-ending event in London,” said Drewett.
Other changes to the calendar include a change of surface for the ATP World Tour 500 event in Acapulco, which will move from clay to hard court leading into the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Indian Wells.
The 2014 overall tournament prize money levels will be determined at ATP Board meetings later this year.
To view the full 2014 ATP World Tour calendar, click here.
- ATP Announces Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo Weeks On 2015 ATP World Tour Calendar
- Tickets On Sale For 2014 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals In London
- Djokovic, Murray, Bryans & Former Greats Take Part In World Tennis Day
- ATP Announces 2015 ATP World Tour Calendar
- Silva to Depart as ATP's Chief Player Officer
- ATP World Tour Premier Partnership To Feature Michelob Ultra In The U.S. From 2014