Isner Withdraws From Australian Open
by ATP Staff|
"I am extremely disappointed to announce that I have to withdraw from the Australian Open. I have been feeling some discomfort in my knee and have recently learned that I have a bone bruise," Isner said on Thursday.
"My doctors have told me that continuing to play on the knee could result in a more serious injury, so I have regrettably decided not to compete in Melbourne and use the time to fully recover."The 27 year-old's best result at the Australian Open is a fourth round appearance in 2010.
- Berdych, Isner Dance With Dragons In Shanghai
- Karlovic Upsets Cilic; Isner Finds Feet Abroad
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues
- Stars Align For Cilic; Focus Turns To Davis Cup
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Janowicz Breaks Goffin's Unbeaten Streak