Isner Withdraws From Australian Open
by ATP Staff|
"I am extremely disappointed to announce that I have to withdraw from the Australian Open. I have been feeling some discomfort in my knee and have recently learned that I have a bone bruise," Isner said on Thursday.
"My doctors have told me that continuing to play on the knee could result in a more serious injury, so I have regrettably decided not to compete in Melbourne and use the time to fully recover."The 27 year-old's best result at the Australian Open is a fourth round appearance in 2010.
- Isner's Whirlwind Monte-Carlo Trip
- Isner Upstages Almagro For Houston Trophy; Wins First Clay Title
- Isner Avenges Houston Loss; Plays Almagro In Final
- Isner Ribs Harrison For Outrageous Orange Outfit
- John Isner: 5lb Dumbells Aid My Serve
- Roger-Vasselin Stuns Isner To Reach First Final; Gulbis Edges Haas In Delray Beach