ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 6
Lorenzi/Starace Capture Vina Del Mar Title
by ATP Staff|
Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace won their first team title at the VTR Open on Sunday, defeating Juan Monaco and Rafael Nadal 6-2, 6-4 in Vina del Mar. The Italians converted four of their eight break points to clinch the trophy in 66 minutes.
Lorenzi triumphed on his ATP World Tour doubles final debut, while Starace won his sixth crown from his ninth final. They collected 250 Emirates ATP Doubles Rankings and split $22,500 in prize money.
“I'm really happy because Potito and I are very good friends,” said Lorenzi. “It was a great victory for us against Monaco and Nadal. We hope to play in another tournament again as soon as possible.”
Monaco and Nadal were appearing in their first final together. They had not dropped a set en route to the title match, having knocked out second-seeded Czechs Frantisek Cermak and Lukas Dlouhy in the first round.
Nadal also finished runner-up in the singles final earlier Sunday, edged out by Horacio Zeballos in a tight three-set encounter.
- Rivalries 2014 - Djokovic vs. Nadal
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Nadal Optimistic Ahead of 2015 Comeback
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown