OPEN SUD DE FRANCE 2013
Gasquet To Meet Paire In Montpellier Final
by ATP Staff|
Third seed Richard Gasquet will play eighth seed and fellow Frenchman Benoit Paire on Sunday in the Open Sud de France final.
Gasquet improved to 5-1 lifetime against Jarkko Nieminen in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series, after the World No. 10 triumphed 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 in the Montpellier semi-finals.
Gasquet now has a 13-1 record on the year, which includes his eighth ATP World Tour title at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha (d. Davydenko).
Earlier in the afternoon, Paire reached his second ATP World Tour final. He hit 17 aces to beat fellow Frenchman Michael Llodra 4-6, 6-3, 6-1. Earlier this week, he saved one match point in a second-round win over Steve Darcis of Belgium.
Paire, 23, improved to 7-3 on the season, which includes an Aircel Chennai Open semi-final exit (l. to Bautista Agut).
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Chases Career Golden Masters
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines Toronto Field
- Finns Kontinen/Nieminen Claim Kitzbühel Crown
- Gasquet Reaches First Citi Open Semi-final
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych Goes To Washington
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline