OPEN SUD DE FRANCE 2013
Gasquet To Meet Paire In Montpellier Final
by ATP Staff|
Third seed Richard Gasquet will play eighth seed and fellow Frenchman Benoit Paire on Sunday in the Open Sud de France final.
Gasquet improved to 5-1 lifetime against Jarkko Nieminen in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series, after the World No. 10 triumphed 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 in the Montpellier semi-finals.
Gasquet now has a 13-1 record on the year, which includes his eighth ATP World Tour title at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha (d. Davydenko).
Earlier in the afternoon, Paire reached his second ATP World Tour final. He hit 17 aces to beat fellow Frenchman Michael Llodra 4-6, 6-3, 6-1. Earlier this week, he saved one match point in a second-round win over Steve Darcis of Belgium.
Paire, 23, improved to 7-3 on the season, which includes an Aircel Chennai Open semi-final exit (l. to Bautista Agut).
- Bautista Agut Upsets Berdych, Lu Sets Isner Rematch
- Gasquet, Tsonga Lead French Charge In Marseille
- Llodra/Mahut Celebrate First Doubles Crown
- Big-Serving Monfils Surges Past Gasquet For Montpellier Trophy
- Davydenko/Istomin Win Montpellier Doubles Title
- Gasquet, Monfils Set Up All-French Final In Montpellier