ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 7
Granollers/Lopez Cruise Into Rotterdam Semis
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez reached the Rotterdam semi-finals for the second year in a row on Friday as they dismissed Julian Knowle and Filip Polasek 6-2, 6-4 at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament. The Spaniards broke serve four times to clinch victory in 67 minutes.
Granollers and Lopez lost at the semi-final stage last year, falling to Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau. The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals reigning champions are hoping to reach their first final of the season after semi-final exits at the Apia International Sydney (l. to Bryans) and the Australian Open (l. to Haase/Sijsling) last month.
At the Brasil Open 2013, second seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares advanced to the final with a 3-6, 7-6(8), 12-10 victory over Oliver Marach and Horacio Zeballos. The Austrian/Brazilian pairing won three titles in the latter stages of 2012 and are bidding for their first clay-court title together.
In a late-finishing contest at the SAP Open, Australians Lleyton Hewitt and Marinko Matosevic edged Mikhail Elgin and Denis Istomin 6-7(7), 7-6(2), 10-5 in one hour and 48 minutes to reach the final. The unseeded Australians, who are playing their first tournament together, knocked out the top-seeded Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan in the quarter-finals.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown