ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 7
Lindstedt/Zimonjic Battle Past Butorac/Hanley in Rotterdam
by ATP Staff|
Third seeds Robert Lindstedt and Nenad Zimonjic advanced to the quarterfinals of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam on Monday, defeating Eric Butorac and Paul Hanley 4-6, 6-3, 15-13 in one hour and 21 minutes.
Lindstedt/Zimonjic maintained their unbeaten record against the American/Australian team, having triumphed in their only prior meeting at last year's If Stockholm Open 6-3, 3-6, 14-12. The Swedish/Serbian pair won 79 per cent of first serve points and saved six of seven break points.
In the opening round of the SAP Open in San Jose, third seeds Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky defeated James Cerretani and Adil Shamasdin 6-3, 6-4. The Mexican/American team served four aces and won four of six break points during the match, which lasted one hour and five minutes.
Spanish second seeds David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco were toppled by Rik de Voest and Tommy Haas 6-1, 6-7(5), 10-6. The South African/German team saved the only break point they faced to set up a quarter-final clash against Alejandro Falla and Robert Farah.
The Colombian pair ousted American Davis Cup teammates Ryan Harrison and John Isner 6-2, 6-1 in 38 minutes. Falla/Farah saved the only break point they faced and won 90 per cent of first serve points.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown