U.S. NATIONAL INDOOR TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013
Cilic Keen To Continue Good Form On Memphis Debut
by ATP Staff|
Top seed Marin Cilic looks to carry his recent good form into Memphis on his debut appearance at the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships next week.
The Croat is coming off his ninth ATP World Tour title at the PBZ Zagreb Indoors (d. Melzer) and is hopeful that a good performance in Memphis will stand him in good stead for upcoming ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami.
"I think I'm playing pretty good," said Cilic, who is the top seed at this ATP World Tour 500 indoor tournament. "I won a title down in Zagreb. It meant a lot for me to win at home and it was a big boost in confidence. I'm here for the first time. It's different conditions, different courts, a tougher field with better players. I hope I can do well in the tournament."
Cilic has been drawn to face countryman Ivan Dodig in the first round. He could face defending champion Jurgen Melzer in the second round, should the Austrian overcome Igor Sijsling. Two-time runner-up Milos Raonic is the second seed, with John Isner, Sam Querrey, Kei Nishikori and Tommy Haas also featuring in the stellar line-up.
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Wawrinka To Play Federer In Semis, Finishes Group A With 2-1 Record
- Djokovic Remains Perfect Against Cilic
- Cilic: "My Focus Is On Tennis"
- Djokovic To Face Wawrinka In Group A, Federer To Meet Nishikori
- Most Improved Player Of The Year Nominees