BRASIL OPEN 2013
Andujar Ends Losing Streak
Sao Paulo, Brazil
by ATP Staff|
Seventh seed Pablo Andujar opened main draw proceedings at the Brasil Open 2013 on Monday, defeating Santiago Giraldo 6-4, 7-6(5) in Sao Paulo. Andujar improved to 2-1 against the Colombian in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series.
The 46th-ranked Spaniard notched his first win of the season after opening the year 0-4. Andujar had lost 11 matches in a row dating back to a second-round defeat at the US Open. His best result at the ATP World Tour 250 clay-court event in Sao Paulo came in 2011, when he reached the quarter-finals.
- Cuevas Fends Off An Inspired Vanni For Sao Paulo Title
- Colombian Power Claim Sao Paulo Crown
- Vanni Continues Stunning Run With Marathon Win, Faces Cuevas In Final
- Vanni Continues "Dream" Run To Reach Sao Paulo SF; Souza Upsets Fourth Seed
- Fognini, Giraldo Into Sao Paulo QFs; Verdasco Upset
- Almagro Knocks Out No. 2 seed Robredo in Sao Paulo; Mayer Earns QF Berth