BRASIL OPEN 2013
Andujar Ends Losing Streak
Sao Paulo, Brazil
by ATP Staff|
Seventh seed Pablo Andujar opened main draw proceedings at the Brasil Open 2013 on Monday, defeating Santiago Giraldo 6-4, 7-6(5) in Sao Paulo. Andujar improved to 2-1 against the Colombian in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series.
The 46th-ranked Spaniard notched his first win of the season after opening the year 0-4. Andujar had lost 11 matches in a row dating back to a second-round defeat at the US Open. His best result at the ATP World Tour 250 clay-court event in Sao Paulo came in 2011, when he reached the quarter-finals.
- ATP Announces Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo Weeks On 2015 ATP World Tour Calendar
- First Time Winner Spotlight: Federico Delbonis
- Delbonis Claims Maiden Title In Sao Paulo
- Garcia-Lopez/Oswald Save Three M.P. For Sao Paulo Title
- Lorenzi Reaches First Final In Sao Paulo
- Lorenzi Upsets Monaco, Will Face Top Seed Haas In First SF