COPA CLARO 2013
Ferrer Returns To Buenos Aires Final; Wawrinka Defeats Almagro
Buenos Aires, Argentina
by ATP Staff|
After finding himself down a break early in the match, defending champion Ferrer quickly turned things around. The top seed broke Robredo four times, winning 49 per cent of his return points to win the semi-final meeting in 78 minutes. Ferrer improved to 6-2 against Robredo.
Ferrer is looking to retain a title for the second time this season, having captured his third straight crown at the Heineken Open in Auckland (d. Kohlschreiber). The 30 year old reached the Australian Open semi-finals (l. to Djokovic) and has a 16-2 season record. For the title, Ferrer will play third seed Stanislas Wawrinka.
The 17th-ranked Wawrinka defeated No. 2 seed Nicolas Almagro 6-3, 7-5, saving all four break points he faced to claim victory in 70 minutes. Wawrinka is through to his first final in more than two years; he captured the Aircel Chennai Open crown on his last title match appearance in 2011. The Swiss is 3-6 against Ferrer.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych Goes To Washington
- Cuevas Topples Robredo For Umag Crown
- Robredo Aims To Retain Umag Crown; Cuevas Tops Fognini, Advances To Final
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline
- Mayer Edges Ferrer To Win First Title
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer Leads Hamburg Field