COPA CLARO 2013
Ferrer Returns To Buenos Aires Final; Wawrinka Defeats Almagro
Buenos Aires, Argentina
by ATP Staff|
After finding himself down a break early in the match, defending champion Ferrer quickly turned things around. The top seed broke Robredo four times, winning 49 per cent of his return points to win the semi-final meeting in 78 minutes. Ferrer improved to 6-2 against Robredo.
Ferrer is looking to retain a title for the second time this season, having captured his third straight crown at the Heineken Open in Auckland (d. Kohlschreiber). The 30 year old reached the Australian Open semi-finals (l. to Djokovic) and has a 16-2 season record. For the title, Ferrer will play third seed Stanislas Wawrinka.
The 17th-ranked Wawrinka defeated No. 2 seed Nicolas Almagro 6-3, 7-5, saving all four break points he faced to claim victory in 70 minutes. Wawrinka is through to his first final in more than two years; he captured the Aircel Chennai Open crown on his last title match appearance in 2011. The Swiss is 3-6 against Ferrer.
- Watch Acapulco Hot Shot: Ferrer's Pace Thwarts Harrison
- Nadal To Face Berlocq in Buenos Aires SF; Almagro And Monaco To Clash
- Nadal Attends Charity Clinic In Buenos Aires
- Berlocq Ousts Fognini In Buenos Aires; Robredo Advances To QFs
- Djokovic Dances, Lopez Test Drives and Fognini Cooks
- Nadal Advances To Buenos Aires QF; Cuevas Prevails