ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 8
Bryans Beat Peya/Soares In Memphis SFs
by ATP Staff|
The Bryans are aiming to win their third trophy at the ATP World Tour 500 event. They triumphed in 2001 to capture their first tour-level crown, beginning a stretch of five straight title match appearances in Memphis. They also tasted victory in 2004. Soares and Peya entered the tournament on the back of winning the Brasil Open 2013 in Sao Paulo (d. Cermak/Mertinak).
At the Open 13, No. 1 seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer eased past defending Marseille champions Nicolas Mahut and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-3, 6-1 to move through to the final. Qureshi and Rojer will play second-seeded Rohan Bopanna and Colin Fleming for the title.
In Buenos Aires, Italians Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini advanced to the Copa Claro final, edging third seeds Oliver Marach and Horacio Zeballos 7-6(2), 7-6(2). Nicholas Monroe and Simon Stalder won the other semi-final, defeating Aljaz Bedene and Andrey Kuznetsov 6-4, 6-4.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect