ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 8
Bopanna/Fleming Triumph On Team Debut
by ATP Staff|
Second seeds Rohan Bopanna and Colin Fleming triumphed on their team debut on Sunday, defeating top seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer 6-4, 7-6(3) to win the Open 13 title in Marseille. Bopanna and Fleming saved all four break points they faced to clinch the victory in 80 minutes.
“It’s a great day for us,” said Fleming. “We beat one of the best teams in the world. They played the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals last year and I’m sure they’ll end up there again this year.”
Fleming improved to 7-4 in ATP World Tour finals, capturing his second title of the season after winning the Heineken Open in Auckland with Bruno Soares. Bopanna was appearing in his first final of the year and lifted his eighth trophy. The two take home 250 Emirates ATP Ranking points and share €29,000 in prize money.
“It’s always tough to play against friends,” Bopanna said. “Then, I also want to thank my partner. He wasn’t feeling well this morning but he came out and played a great match.”
Qureshi and Rojer were looking to win their third team title, appearing in their fourth final together.
- Peya/Soares Open Monte-Carlo Campaigns; Nestor/Zimonjic Into QFs
- Bryans Extend Winning Streak, Reach Monte-Carlo QFs
- Czech Republic Reaches Davis Cup SFs; Great Britain Closes On Historic Victory
- The Last Time... With Bopanna & Qureshi
- Bryans Retain Indian Wells Title
- IndoPak Express Wins Dubai Title