ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 8
Bryans Roll Through To Memphis QFs
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan made a strong start at the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships in Memphis on Wednesday, cruising past Robert Farah and Tommy Haas 6-1, 6-1 in just 38 minutes. The Bryans are appearing at the ATP World Tour 500 event for the first time since 2006.
At the Open 13 in Marseille, No. 1 seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer defeated Sanchai Ratiwatana and Sonchat Ratiwatana 6-0, 6-4 in the quarter-finals. Third seeds Julian Knowle and Filip Polasek joined Qureshi/Rojer in the semi-finals with a 6-4, 6-2 win over Jerzy Janowicz and Frederik Nielsen.
In Buenos Aires, three seeded teams posted straight-set victories in their Copa Claro openers.
Top seeds Frantisek Cermak and Michal Mertinak dismissed Daniel Gimeno-Traver and Albert Ramos 6-1, 6-2. Third seeds Oliver Marach and Horacio Zeballos defeated Martin Alund and Guido Pella 6-3, 7-6(5), while fourth-seeded Dustin Brown and Christopher Kas eased past Marcel Felder and Joao Sousa 7-5, 6-2.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect