ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 9
Bhupathi Goes For Fifth Dubai Title With Llodra; Play Lindstedt/Zimonjic In Final
by ATP Staff|
Mahesh Bhupathi will attempt to capture his fifth Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships doubles title on Saturday with his fifth different partner. Bhupathi first won the Dubai title in 1998 with Leander Paes, then again in 2004 (w/Santoro), 2008 (w/Knowles) and 2012 (w/Bopanna).
Bhupathi and Michael Llodra advanced to the final after a 6-3, 6-7(2), 10-5 victory over Rohan Bopanna and Rajeev Ram in 89 minutes on Friday afternoon. The pair will meet third seed Robert Lindstedt and Nenad Zimonjic for the title.
Lindstedt and Zimonjic, who picked up their first team trophy at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam two weeks ago, beat Jonathan Erlich and Mikhail Youzhny 7-6(2), 7-6(2) in one hour and 48 minutes. Zimonjic won the 2007 Dubai title with Fabrice Santoro.
In Acapulco, second seeds Lukasz Kubot and David Marrero cruised past Thomaz Bellucci and Paolo Lorenzi 6-1, 6-2 to reach the Abierto Mexicano Telcel final. Marrero triumphed in last year's title match with Fernando Verdasco.
At the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships, No. 1 seeds Max Mirnyi and Horia Tecau dismissed Xavier Malisse and Frank Moser 6-0, 6-4 in 54 minutes. Mirnyi and Tecau will meet fourth-seeded Johan Brunstrom and Raven Klaasen for a place in the final. The Swedish/South African pair beat Jaroslav Levinsky and Yen-Hsun Lu 7-5, 6-1.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown