ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 8
Granollers/Lopez Cruise In Dubai; Djokovics Fall
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez opened their debut Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships campaign with a 6-4, 6-1 victory over first-time pairing Marcos Baghdatis and David Goffin on Monday.
The Spaniards won 71 per cent of points behind their first serve and broke Baghdatis/Goffin five times from nine opportunities to clinch victory in 54 minutes. They have reached three tour-level semi-finals this season, including at the Australian Open last month (l. to Haase/Sijsling).
Wild cards Novak Djokovic and younger brother Marko Djokovic were beaten in the first round, falling to Nikolay Davydenko and Dick Norman, 4-6, 6-3, 10-4 in 75 minutes. The Djokovic brothers were playing together for the fifth time and dropped to a 0-5 team record.
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown