ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 8
Lindstedt/Zimonjic Advance In Dubai
by ATP Staff|
Third seeds Robert Lindstedt and Nenad Zimonjic defeated Eric Butorac and Paul Hanley 6-3, 6-4 on Tuesday in the first round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. The Swedish/Serbian duo needed just 59 minutes to advance, breaking serve once in each set.
Lindstedt/Zimonjic are coming off their first team title at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam (d. de Bakker/Huta Galung). The 35-year-old Lindstedt partnered Martin Damm to the Dubai final in 2009 (l. to De Voest/Tursunov). The 36-year-old Zimonjic won the title in 2007 with Fabrice Santoro.
Jonathan Erlich and Mikhail Youzhny also advanced, beating Roberto Bautista Agut and Andreas Seppi 6-4, 7-5 in 68 minutes.
At the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships, top seeds Max Mirnyi and Horia Tecau needed just 55 minutes to get past Andre Sa and Igor Zelenay 6-1, 6-4. The Belarusian/Romanian pairing are bidding for their first ATP World Tour team title, after finishing runners-up at the Apia International Sydney (l. to Bryans) last month.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect