ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 8
Lindstedt/Zimonjic Advance In Dubai
by ATP Staff|
Third seeds Robert Lindstedt and Nenad Zimonjic defeated Eric Butorac and Paul Hanley 6-3, 6-4 on Tuesday in the first round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. The Swedish/Serbian duo needed just 59 minutes to advance, breaking serve once in each set.
Lindstedt/Zimonjic are coming off their first team title at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam (d. de Bakker/Huta Galung). The 35-year-old Lindstedt partnered Martin Damm to the Dubai final in 2009 (l. to De Voest/Tursunov). The 36-year-old Zimonjic won the title in 2007 with Fabrice Santoro.
Jonathan Erlich and Mikhail Youzhny also advanced, beating Roberto Bautista Agut and Andreas Seppi 6-4, 7-5 in 68 minutes.
At the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships, top seeds Max Mirnyi and Horia Tecau needed just 55 minutes to get past Andre Sa and Igor Zelenay 6-1, 6-4. The Belarusian/Romanian pairing are bidding for their first ATP World Tour team title, after finishing runners-up at the Apia International Sydney (l. to Bryans) last month.
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1