ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 8
Bopanna/Ram Upset Second Seeds In Dubai
by ATP Staff|
Rohan Bopanna and Rajeev Ram caused an upset on Wednesday at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships as they ousted second seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer 6-4, 6-4 in the first round. The Indian/American duo broke serve three times from five opportunities as they clinched victory in 67 minutes.
In other first-round action, fourth seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski defeated Julian Knowle and Filip Polasek 6-3, 6-2 in 51 minutes and Mahesh Bhupathi and Michael Llodra beat Serbians Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki 6-3, 6-3 in 50 minutes.
Third seeds Robert Lindstedt and Nenad Zimonjic kept up their winning streak as they advanced to the semi-finals with a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Nikolay Davydenko and Dick Norman. The Swedish/Serbian duo are coming off their first ATP World Tour team title at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam (d. de Bakker/Huta Galung).
At the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships, Jaroslav Levinsky and Yen-Hsun Lu reached the second round with a 6-4, 7-5 victory over James Cerretani and Edouard Roger-Vasselin..
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown