CORONA ATP WEEKLY SLICE 2013
Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Novak Turns Focus To Miami
by Matt Fitzgerald|
Tap into the essentials of the week ahead and re-live the highlights of the past week with Corona ATP Weekly Slice, as we serve up an executive summary of what every fan should know, along with a look at the best in social media.
Who’s Playing This Week?
There is one ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Miami.
Sony Open Tennis: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic bids to win a third consecutive title at Crandon Park. Andy Murray, who finished runner-up to the Serb last year, is the second seed. David Ferrer will look to rebound from an early exit in Indian Wells as the No. 3 seed, while 2010 runner-up Tomas Berdych is seeded fourth.
Facebook | Twitter | Website
Rafael Nadal 4 (+1 spot)
David Ferrer 5 (-1 spot)
John Isner 23 (-8 spots)
Kevin Anderson 29 (+8 spots)
Ernests Gulbis 55 (+12 spots)
Carlos Berlocq 69 (+16 spots)
David Nalbandian 124 (-31 spots)
18 March – Rajeev Ram (29)
19 March – Robert Lindstedt (36)
22 March – Andreas Haider-Maurer (26)
24 March – Philipp Petzschner (29)
24 March – Frederico Gil (28)
28 March – Stanislas Wawrinka (28)
29 March – Juan Monaco (29)
29 March – Jurgen Zopp (25)
30 March – Joao Sousa (24)
Player To Watch: Novak Djokovic
The top-ranked Djokovic comes into Miami looking to bounce back from his first loss of the season. The Serb saw his 22-match win streak come to an end in Indian Wells when he fell to Juan Martin del Potro in the semi-finals. Djokovic is the two-time defending champion at the Sony Open Tennis, the site of his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown in 2007. He has a 24-4 event record and will aim to claim his third trophy in 2013, following triumphs at the Australian Open (d. Murray) and Dubai (d. Berdych).
WEEK IN REVIEW
Most Popular Facebook Post on Facebook.com/ATPWorldTour
In Case You Missed It…
Indian Wells: Fifth seed Rafael Nadal overcame seventh-seeded Juan Martin del Potro 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 at the BNP Paribas Open to register his 600th match win and capture a record-breaking 22nd ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown.
Nadal: “I’m Very Happy And Emotional”
• Andy Murray was named the Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award winner in Rio de Janeiro. More...
• ATP founding fathers Charlie Pasarell and Cliff Drysdale will be inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame in July alongside Romanian tennis giant Ion Tiriac. More...
• The Tennis Anti-Doping Programme Working Group, comprised of representatives of the ITF, ATP, WTA and the Grand Slam tournaments met on 5 March 2013 as part of their regular review of the programme, and expressed unified support to implement an Athlete Biological Passport Programme from 2013. More...
• Roger Federer is among the Top 10 power players of world sport according to Sports Illustrated. More...
• Read an exclusive Q&A with Kevin Anderson from the BNP Paribas Open. More...
Experience all the action on the ATP World Tour with your free fan credential, giving you access to newsletters, ticket alerts, results, and more.
Sign up here!
How did your ATP Draw Challenge bracket fare in Indian Wells? The fantasy season continues in Miami.
Make Your Miami Picks!
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: London At Last
- Djokovic, Federer Continue Fight For Year-End No. 1; London Berths Up For Grabs
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Ferrer, Raonic, Murray, Cilic Headline Indoor Events
- Djokovic, Federer, Nadal Compete In Shanghai
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori Headline In Asia; Nadal Returns To Action