ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 12
Bhupathi/Nestor, Lindstedt/Zimonjic Advance
The Belarusian/Russian pair who have won one title together, but not competed as a team at all in 2013, captured 84 per cent of first serve points.
Before this week, the 34 year-old twins had won four of the five tournaments they'd entered this season, most recently at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 in Indian Wells last week.
Third seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Daniel Nestor made a winning start, defeating Richard Gasquet and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 7-6(3), 6-3. Bhupathi and Nestor won 82 per cent of their service points and saved both break points they faced in the 79-minute victory.
Fourth-seeded Robert Lindstedt and Nenad Zimonjic edged Martin Klizan and Andreas Seppi 7-6(7), 6-4 in 82 minutes. Lindstedt and Zimonjic have played for the title in two of their past three tournaments, triumphing in Rotterdam (d. de Bakker/Huta Galung) and finishing runner-up in Dubai (l. to Bhupathi/Llodra).
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown