ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 12
Qureshi/Rojer, Huey/Inglot Win Miami Openers
Fifth seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer overcame Jerzy Janowicz and Florian Mayer 4-6, 6-4, 10-6 in the first round of the Sony Open Tennis on Thursday in Miami. Qureshi and Rojer prevailed in 79 minutes to equal their 2012 showing at Crandon Park.
Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot upset American pairing John Isner and Sam Querrey 6-4, 6-3. Huey, of the Philippines, is coming off a runner-up showing at the BNP Paribas Open with Janowicz. He and Inglot won their first ATP World Tour title together at the Citi Open in Washington last year.
Seventh-seeded Michael Llodra and Leander Paes defeated Germans Christopher Kas and Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-5, 6-3, saving eight of the nine break points they faced. Paes has triumphed on his past three visits, capturing the title in 2010 with Lukas Dlouhy, 2011 with Mahesh Bhupathi and 2012 with Radek Stepanek.
- Peya/Soares Open Monte-Carlo Campaigns; Nestor/Zimonjic Into QFs
- Bryans Extend Winning Streak, Reach Monte-Carlo QFs
- ATP Trainer Bill Norris Honoured By Tennis Hall Of Fame
- Brain Game: Djokovic Breaks Down Nadal Forehand
- Djokovic Denies Nadal To Claim Miami Crown
- Dominant Djokovic: How The Miami Final Was Won