ATP WORLD TOUR 2013 - WEEK 12
Qureshi/Rojer Reach Final; Dimitrov/Nielsen Advance
Qureshi and Rojer broke serve four times to advance past the Spaniards in just over an hour. The two are through to their second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final, having finished runner-up in Paris last year (l. to Bhupathi/Bopanna).
“Since the beginning of the year, Jules and I have been putting in the hard yards each week. Other than Marseille, we have not both played well at the same moments. We were both up and down a bit. However, we knew that if we kept doing the right things regardless of the results, our time would come,” said Qureshi.
“We managed to dodge a few bullets this week in the first two rounds. And then against Marcel and Marc, we knew that we would have to come out and execute as they are the number two team in the world for a reason. They are a great team. Now we need to back up that win with a good performance in the finals.”
In quarter-final action, Grigor Dimitrov and Frederik Nielsen topped Tommy Haas and Xavier Malisse 6-4, 2-6, 10-7 in 61 minutes. Teaming up for just the second time, Dimitrov and Nielsen will look to join Qureshi and Rojer in Saturday's title match when they play eighth-seeded Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
Watch Nielsen/Dimitrov Exclusive Interview
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown