GRAND PRIX HASSAN II
Knowle/Polasek Triumph In Casablanca
by ATP Staff|
Top seeds Julian Knowle and Filip Polasek captured their second title of the season on Sunday in Casablanca, dismissing Germans Dustin Brown and Christopher Kas 6-3, 6-2 in the Grand Prix Hassan II final.
Knowle and Polasek saved all five break points they faced and were efficient with their opportunities, capitalising on three of their four chances to lock up the victory in one hour. Knowle and Polasek improved to 16-6 on the season.
“We got a bit lucky in the first set,” said Knowle. “It was very tight, more than what the result would make you think. I want to thank Filip for playing with me. I was struggling at the beginning of the week and I would have made it here only with very few partners.
“I also want to thank my coach who was already with us when we won Zagreb earlier this year. Finally, I want to dedicate this title to a very important person in my life who passed away this week.”
The Austrian/Slovak duo earned 250 Emirates ATP Ranking points and share €22,500 in prize money. Knowle collected his 16th tour-level trophy (16-19) and Polasek took home his 11th crown (11-13). Earlier this year, the two won their first team title at the PBZ Zagreb Indoors (d. Dodig/Mate).
Brown and Kas were contesting their first final together. Brown was attempting to retain the title after triumphing last year with Paul Hanley.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown