CORONA ATP WEEKLY SLICE 2013
Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Four Top 20 Players In Houston
by ATP Staff|
Tap into the essentials of the week ahead and re-live the highlights of the past week with Corona ATP Weekly Slice, as we serve up an executive summary of what every fan should know, along with a look at the best in social media.
Who’s Playing This Week?
There are two ATP World Tour 250 events in Houston and Casablanca.
US Men's Clay Court Championship: Four Top 20 players headline the field in Houston, led by 12th-ranked Nicolas Almagro. The Spaniard is making his tournament debut. Second seed Tommy Haas, the 2004 champion, has a 15-6 event record. Defending titlist and third seed Juan Monaco looks to turn his season around, while a pair of home favourites, Sam Querrey and John Isner (last year's runner-up), each seek their first title of the season.
Facebook | Twitter | Website
Grand Prix Hassan II: World No. 17 Stanislas Wawrinka is the top seed and returns to Casablanca for the first time since triumphing on his event debut in 2010. The Swiss is joined by No. 2 seed Kevin Anderson, who is appearing at the tournament for the first time. Third seed Martin Klizan, fourth seed Benoit Paire and two-time reigning champion Pablo Andujar also feature in the draw.
Facebook | Website
8 April – David Marrero (33)
9 April – Lukas Dlouhy (30)
9 April – Ken Skupski (30)
12 April – Marcel Granollers (27)
13 April – Simon Greul (32)
14 April – Josselin Ouanna (27)
14 April – Roberto Bautista Agut (25)
Player To Watch: Tommy Haas
The German, who celebrated his 35th birthday on 3 April, aims to carry his early season form to the clay courts of Houston. Haas is coming off a semi-final showing at the Sony Open Tennis in Miami, where he ousted Novak Djokovic in the fourth round to post his first win over a World No. 1 in 14 years. Haas’ performance at Crandon Park enabled him to crack the Top 15 of the Emirates ATP Rankings for the first time since 14 January 2008. In his Houston opener, Haas will play Ricardas Berankis or Jesse Levine.
WEEK IN REVIEW
Most Popular Facebook Post on Facebook.com/ATPWorldTour
Video Of The Week
Follow Andy Murray behind the scenes on his victory lap in Miami.
In Case You Missed It…
There were four Davis Cup World Group quarter-final ties. Here are the results:
Canada d. Italy 3-1
Serbia d. USA 3-1
Argentina d. France 3-2
Czech Republic d. Kazakhstan 3-1
• Stanislas Wawrinka launched a campaign for safer streets in his home canton of Vaud, Switzerland. More...
• As part of Compeed's Form & Fitness series, Andreas Seppi discusses his change in trainers and increase in confidence. More...
• Doubles legend Mahesh Bhupathi's Globosport and Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment have announced a new venture named XIX Globosport to capitalise on the two partners' strengths in media, entertainment and tennis. The venture's first client is World No. 2 Andy Murray. More...
• The Andy Roddick Foundation (ARF) recently announced its new Board of Directors, assembled to help ARF achieve its mission to develop and inspire underserved youth through education and sports-based mentoring. More...
Experience all the action on the ATP World Tour with your free fan credential, giving you access to newsletters, ticket alerts, results, and more.
Sign Up Here!
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Ferrer, Raonic, Murray, Cilic Headline Indoor Events
- Djokovic, Federer, Nadal Compete In Shanghai
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori Headline In Asia; Nadal Returns To Action
- Nishikori, Ferrer Headline Asian Tournaments; Race To London Continues
- Tsonga, Monfils Headline Metz Draw As Emirates ATP Race To London Continues