US MEN'S CLAY COURT CHAMPIONSHIP
Bryans Post 800th Team Win In Houston
by ATP Staff|
Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan attained a remarkable milestone on Friday at the US Men's Clay Court Championship in Houston, defeating Johan Brunstrom and Jesse Levine 6-3, 6-4 to post their 800th tour-level win together.
“It feels good to get No. 800. Winning never gets old,” said Mike Bryan. “It would be nice to get our hands on the trophy here again… We're pretty fortunate to be sitting here winners. They were a good team. It’s always a battle out there.”
The Bryans broke the Swedish/Canadian duo four times from seven opportunities to claim victory in 64 minutes. The American twins have won 19 matches in a row at the River Oaks Country Club and are bidding to lift their fifth trophy in Houston. They will play Jamie Murray and John Peers in Saturday's final after the British/Australian pair beat Nicolas Almagro and Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo 6-3, 7-6(5).
Here is a look at how the Bryans reached the landmark win total.
- Bryans, Peya/Soares Into US Open Third Round
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Returns To Winston-Salem
- Bryans Retain Cincinnati Title For 99th Crown
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown