MONTE-CARLO ROLEX MASTERS 2013
Djokovic Fit To Play Monte-Carlo
by ATP Staff|
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic took to social media to share that his ankle has recovered enough for him to play his opening match Wednesday at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters.
“I have good news. I’ll be playing in the Monte-Carlo tournament,” he said in a video posted on his Facebook page. “Tomorrow’s my first match.
“I’m very excited about it, to be honest, because in the last 6-7 days I’ve been doing everything in my power since the incident in the Davis Cup to recover. My ankle is in a state that is good enough for me to perform tomorrow and hopefully I can perform my best and I can win and I can see how it goes day by day.”
Djokovic also thanked fans for their messages during his recovery from an ankle injury sustained on 7 April in Serbia’s Davis Cup win over the United States. “Thank you all for supporting me and for sending me lots of love and support throughout the last few weeks, and being out there for me whenever you can.”
Djokovic, the top seed and a two-time finalist in Monte-Carlo, opens his campaign against Russian Mikhail Youzhny. He holds a 4-3 edge over Youzhny in the FedEx ATP Head2Head.
- 2013 By The Numbers: Match Wins and Ranking Improvements
- 2013 By The Numbers: First-Time Winners, Qualifiers, and Doubles
- 2013 By The Numbers: Titles By Rank, Age, And Other Statistics
- Hot Shots Of 2013: Numbers 10-6
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2013 - Nos. 1-2
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2013 - Nos. 3-5