BRD NASTASE TIRIAC TROPHY 2013
Goffin, Troicki Win Bucharest Openers
by ATP Staff|
The 22 year old capitalised on four of five break points to beat Romanian wild card Adrian Ungur 6-3, 6-1 in 55 minutes on Monday at the BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy in Bucharest. Goffin could next face 2011 champion Florian Mayer.
Eighth-seeded Serbian Viktor Troicki converted all three of his break points in a 7-6(5), 6-3 win over Australian Marinko Matosevic. Troicki, a former World No. 12, will look to win back-to-back matches for the first time this season when he faces the winner between Tobias Kamke and Paul-Henri Mathieu.
German Daniel Brands, making his first tour-level appearance as a direct entry this year, defeated Japan’s Tatsuma Ito 6-3, 6-4. Brands had qualified for seven straight ATP World Tour events starting with the 2013 season opener in Doha, where he reached the semi-finals (l. to Gasquet).
- Garcia-Lopez Fends Off Vesely For Bucharest Crown
- Home Favourites Copil/Ungur Save 5 M.P. To Win Bucharest Doubles Title
- Vesely To Face Garcia-Lopez In Bucharest Final
- Gimeno-Traver Beats Simon In Bucharest; Monfils Sets Garcia-Lopez Clash
- Simon Overcomes Tipsarevic; Monfils To Face Bolelli In Bucharest QFs
- Nadal, Ferrer, Granollers Mix With Spanish Football Stars