Karlovic Health Condition Clarified
by ATP Staff|
Ivo Karlovic remains in a Miami hospital this week after being admitted with viral meningitis. Karlovic's wife, Alsi, issued a statement that dismissed earlier reports that the 6' 10" Croatian had suffered a stroke.
The statement read: "Ivo did not have a stroke, as some outlets have stated; rather, he has viral meningitis (inflammation of the meninges of the brain). We ask for privacy during his recovery process. We thank everyone for their support and well wishes."
Karlovic, 34, has a 3-6 tour-level record this season. The former World No. 14, currently No. 134 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, played his last match two weeks ago at the Sarasota Challenger.
- Djokovic Downed By Karlovic In Doha, Berdych Blasts Into SF
- Karlovic Reaches 9,000 Aces Milestone
- Federer Clips Karlovic For 11th Basel Final Berth
- ATP MatchFacts: Raonic, Karlovic Pass 1,000 Aces Milestone In 2014
- By The Numbers: Federer Indoors, Karlovic Aces & More
- Melzer Enjoys Winning Homecoming; Karlovic Strikes 29 Aces In Vienna