PORTUGAL OPEN 2013
Ferrer Learns How To Paddle Surf
by ATP Staff|
World No. 4 David Ferrer took part in a Paddle Surfing by Corona session on Tuesday ahead of his first match at the Portugal Open.
Ferrer visited Santo Amaro de Oeiras Beach, where he received some tuition before strapping his leg to the paddleboard, taking hold of the paddle and heading into the sea.
“It was nice, fun and something different,” said Ferrer. “Thank you to the teacher for helping me. I thought I did well balance-wise and I will try it again sometime. I definitely need to practise more.”
Ferrer spent 20 minutes out in the water and lost his balance once.
The top-seeded Spaniard will play Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the second round on Wednesday.
- 2014 By The Numbers: First-Time Winners, Qualifiers, and Doubles
- 2014 By The Numbers: Title Leaders, Winners By Age
- Best ATP World Tour Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 1-2
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Nishikori Beats Ferrer To Stay In Hunt
- Nishikori Edges Ferrer In Paris; London Field Set