PORTUGAL OPEN 2013
Ferrer Learns How To Paddle Surf
by ATP Staff|
World No. 4 David Ferrer took part in a Paddle Surfing by Corona session on Tuesday ahead of his first match at the Portugal Open.
Ferrer visited Santo Amaro de Oeiras Beach, where he received some tuition before strapping his leg to the paddleboard, taking hold of the paddle and heading into the sea.
“It was nice, fun and something different,” said Ferrer. “Thank you to the teacher for helping me. I thought I did well balance-wise and I will try it again sometime. I definitely need to practise more.”
Ferrer spent 20 minutes out in the water and lost his balance once.
The top-seeded Spaniard will play Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the second round on Wednesday.
- Nadal Wins In 800th Match; Dolgopolov Overcomes Almagro
- Ferrer To Vie For Buenos Aires Three-Peat Against Fognini
- Murray Takes Rotterdam WC, BA Adds Ferrer
- Ferrer, Berdych To Play For SF Berth
- Ferrer Denies Chardy Upset Bid For Fourth Round Berth
- Ferrer, Berdych, Gasquet Win First-Round Melbourne Matches