PORTUGAL OPEN 2013
Ferrer Learns How To Paddle Surf
by ATP Staff|
World No. 4 David Ferrer took part in a Paddle Surfing by Corona session on Tuesday ahead of his first match at the Portugal Open.
Ferrer visited Santo Amaro de Oeiras Beach, where he received some tuition before strapping his leg to the paddleboard, taking hold of the paddle and heading into the sea.
“It was nice, fun and something different,” said Ferrer. “Thank you to the teacher for helping me. I thought I did well balance-wise and I will try it again sometime. I definitely need to practise more.”
Ferrer spent 20 minutes out in the water and lost his balance once.
The top-seeded Spaniard will play Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the second round on Wednesday.
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Murray Wins Vienna Thriller Over Ferrer; Boosts London Qualification Hopes
- Murray To Face Ferrer In Vienna Final; Both Continue Push For London
- Ferrer Beats Murray In Battle Of London Contenders
- Ferrer Scrapes Out Win; Wawrinka Falls
- Ferrer, Murray Celebrate Inauguration Of Ferrero's Shenzhen Academy