PORTUGAL OPEN 2013
Ferrer Learns How To Paddle Surf
by ATP Staff|
World No. 4 David Ferrer took part in a Paddle Surfing by Corona session on Tuesday ahead of his first match at the Portugal Open.
Ferrer visited Santo Amaro de Oeiras Beach, where he received some tuition before strapping his leg to the paddleboard, taking hold of the paddle and heading into the sea.
“It was nice, fun and something different,” said Ferrer. “Thank you to the teacher for helping me. I thought I did well balance-wise and I will try it again sometime. I definitely need to practise more.”
Ferrer spent 20 minutes out in the water and lost his balance once.
The top-seeded Spaniard will play Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the second round on Wednesday.
- Dimitrov Sails Into Third Round; Joins Fellow Finals Contender Ferrer
- Djokovic-Murray On US Open QF Collision Course; Ferrer In Federer's Half
- Roger Reigns In Cincy: How The Western & Southern Open Was Won
- Ferrer Tops Benneteau For Cincy Final Berth
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Chases Career Golden Masters
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines Toronto Field