PORTUGAL OPEN 2013
Robredo Celebrates 31st Birthday With Fans
by ATP Staff|
Tommy Robredo celebrated his 31st birthday at the Portugal Open on Wednesday.
The former World No. 5 received a chocolate cake, which he handed out to Portuguese fans, during an autograph session. A band also played ‘Happy Birthday’ and the crowd sang along.
“It felt great,” said Robredo, who took a slice of cake back to his coach Salvador Navarro.
“It is always tough to be away from family on a birthday, but to receive a cake and receive the reception I did from the crowd is great. Last year, I was at home celebrating with 30 friends in a restaurant. If I keep winning, that will be the best present.”
Robredo, the 2005 runner-up, will play Robin Haase in the second round.
- Robredo Ends Djokovic's Career Golden Masters Bid
- Robredo Beats Sock In Cincy Opener
- Cuevas Topples Robredo For Umag Crown
- Robredo Aims To Retain Umag Crown; Cuevas Tops Fognini, Advances To Final
- Berlocq Rallies To Stun Berdych In Oeiras Final
- Murray/Peers Clinch Munich Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Retain Oeiras Trophy