INTERNAZIONALI BNL D'ITALIA 2013
Federer Remains Positive Ahead Of Roland Garros
by ATP Staff|
“I am playing well and I am healthy, so I have everything to play for next week [ahead of Roland Garros],” said Federer. “This week was good to get an idea about what is working.”
After a short break, Federer will travel to Paris. It will mark the first time since 2000 he has not won a title prior to Roland Garros.
The 31-year-old Swiss admitted that Nadal “is now the favourite for Roland Garros”.
Since returning from a seven-month injury lay-off in February, Nadal has reached eight straight finals. Only Horacio Zeballos (in Vina del Mar) and Novak Djokovic (in Monte-Carlo) have beaten the Spaniard this year.
“Novak has beaten Rafa once in Monaco, so he knows how to win, but only Robin Soderling has beaten him in Paris. It will be difficult.”
World No. 3 Federer is now 76-35 lifetime in tour-level finals. He has won at least one ATP World Tour title every season since 2001.
Watch Federer Interview
- Federer Celebrates 2 Million Followers With #AskRF
- Federer, Tiger Woods Are Most Financially Valuable Athletes
- Federer Meets Lindsey Vonn On 'Top Of Europe' In Lindt Challenge
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Resilience A Microcosm Of Federer’s Journey