ROLAND GARROS 2013
Djokovic Reaches 500 Match Wins Milestone
by ATP Staff|
The Serbian became the 40th player in ATP World Tour history to reach the milestone. He has a 500-127 (.797) tour-level record. Jimmy Connors tops the overall list with 1243-277 (.818) record.
Djokovic has compiled a 144-27 (.842) record at Grand Slam championships, winning a record six trophies from 10 finals. He also has a 185-50 mark and 14 titles at ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments.
Here's a look at Djokovic's career milestones:
|Match Win||Tournament||Opponent, Score|
|1st||2004 Davis Cup vs LAT, Belgrade||d. Janis Skroderis, 62 62|
|100th||2007 Umag, 1R||d. Pablo Andujar, 61 63|
|200th||2009 Indian Wells, 2R||d. Martin Vassallo Arguello, 75 64|
|300th||2010 Cincinnati, 2R||d. Viktor Troicki, 63 75|
|400th||2012 Australian Open, SF||d. Andy Murray, 63 36 67 61 75|
|500th||1 June 20132013 Roland Garros, 3R||d. Grigor Dimitrov|
Six current players rank in the Top 40 for most match wins in ATP World Tour history.
|No. Overall - Player||Career Match Wins|
|4) Roger Federer||899 (after 3R)|
|16) Rafael Nadal||621 (after 2R)|
|25) Lleyton Hewitt||574|
|29) Tommy Haas||523 (after 2R)|
|31) David Ferrer||522 (after 3R)|
|40) Novak Djokovic||500 (after 3R)|
- Rivalries 2014 - Djokovic vs. Nadal
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Rivalries Of 2014: Djokovic vs. Federer
- Djokovic Looks Back On "More Than Impressive" Season
- Djokovic Crowned Champion For Fourth Time
- Djokovic: Year-End No. 1 The "Ultimate Challenge"