ROLAND GARROS 2013
Davydenko Leads Russian Trio Through
by ATP Staff|
Davydenko defeated wild card Florent Serra 6-3, 6-4, 7-5. The 31 year old is looking to reach the second week of a Grand Slam event for the first time since the 2010 Australian Open, when he advanced to the quarter-finals. Davydenko will next play Denis Istomin, who led 28th seed Florian Mayer 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 when the German retired.
Mikhail Youzhny, the No. 29 seed, overcame the in-form Pablo Andujar 4-6, 6-4, 6-2, 6-3 in three hours and 13 minutes. Youzhny broke the Spaniard six times from 20 opportunities in the first-time meeting.
Dmitry Tursunov upset 22nd-seeded Alexandr Dolgopolov 7-6(7), 6-4, 7-6(7). Tursunov won three more points in the match to avenge his loss to the Ukranian in Munich and move ahead 2-1 in the pair's FedEx ATP Head2Head series.
Rain interfered with the day's action twice. It delayed the start of play until 1:45 p.m. local time and then suspended matches on court at 3:24 p.m.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer, Gasquet Headline Grass Events
- Nadal Wins Battle For No. 1; Historic Ninth Roland Garros Crown
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Nadal Seeks 700th Win In Halle
- Brain Game: Rafa's New Tactics Fell Novak
- 'Addicted To Success,' Gulbis Cracks Top 10
- Djokovic Draws Motivation From Ovation