TOPSHELF OPEN 2013
Home Favourite Haase Makes Winning Start
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
by ATP Staff|
Dutch No. 1 Robin Haase came from a set down to beat Argentina’s Leonardo Mayer 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 on Sunday in the first round of the Topshelf Open in ‘s-Hertogenbosch. The 26-year-old Haase is bidding to advance past the second round in seven appearances at this ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tournament and goes on to face either third seed John Isner or Evgeny Donskoy.
World No. 58 Haase improved to a 13-15 match record on the season, highlighted by reaching the semi-finals at the PBZ Zagreb Indoors (l. to Melzer) and the quarter-finals at the Open de Nice Côte d’Azur (l. to Monfils) and the Grand Prix Hassan II in Casablanca (l. to Klizan).
Germany’s Daniel Brands defeated Dutch wild card Jesse Huta Galung 6-3, 6-2 in 55 minutes. Brands, who had eventual champion Rafael Nadal in trouble in the first round at Roland Garros, goes on to face seventh seed Victor Hanescu or Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: The Big Four Fight For Grass Glory
- First Time Winner Spotlight: Roberto Bautista Agut
- Bautista Agut Captures Maiden Title In Den Bosch
- Rojer/Tecau Take Fourth Title At Topshelf Open
- Becker Closes On Second 's-Hertogenbosch Title
- Verdasco, Lopez To Continue Battle; Sousa, Becker Reach 's-Hertogenbosch SFs