THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013
Lucky 13 For Novak
by ATP Staff|
Novak Djokovic admitted on Wednesday that he is delighted to have reached his 13th straight major championship semi-final.
“I'm very proud of my success at the Grand Slams, because that's exactly where I want to do my best and where I want to play my top tennis.”
Report: Djokovic Denies Berdych In QFs
“I've been serving very well [and] efficiently. I've been returning also quite well, [hitting] a lot of balls back in the court, which allows me to be confident from the baseline, which is my game.
“I'm trying also to step in to the court a little bit more. Today, I wasn't able to too much because I had a very aggressive opponent, who plays a lot of deep shots. I was maybe too defensive at the start.
“Coming into the semi-finals, I feel physically fresh… and I'm ready. [I have] plenty of motivation to win every match that I play here."
Watch Djokovic Interview
But Djokovic added, “I believe that you can always get better. It's kind of the mindset I always try to have, because that's something that keeps me going every single day on the practice courts, day in, day out.
“I know I have a quite complete game, but I still feel there is room for improvement. That's something that excites me actually for the future.”
On Friday, the top seeds will play eighth seed Juan Martin del Potro in the semi-finals.
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1; Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Djokovic Kept Busy On Media Tour; Returns To London In November
- Djokovic Overtakes Nadal At No. 1 In Emirates ATP Rankings
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner Top Seed In Newport
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1 With Wimbledon Victory
- Djokovic: “Most Special Grand Slam Final I’ve Played”