SKISTAR SWEDISH OPEN 2013
De Bakker Records Biggest Win Of Career; Dimitrov Steps Closer To Båstad Final
by ATP Staff|
De Bakker defeated top seed and World No. 6 Tomas Berdych 7-5, 7-5 in just over two hours.
The World No. 104 has now beaten three Top 10 players in the Emirates ATP Rankings, including No. 9 Fernando Verdasco at the 2010 Shanghai Rolex Masters and No. 10 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at the 2010 Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell.
Grigor Dimitrov will attempt to reach his second ATP World Tour final on Saturday.
Dimitrov advanced to the sixth ATP World Tour semi-final of his career (1-4 overall) with a 6-3, 6-2 win in 66 minutes. He will next meet eighth seed Fernando Verdasco.
Verdasco improved to 6-3 lifetime against Nicolas Almagro in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series after he beat the second seed and 2010 titlist 6-4, 4-6, 7-5.
It is the second time that Verdasco has reached the semi-finals. He also did so in 2008 (l. to Berdych).
Bercloq/Ramos Reach Doubles Final
Carlos Berlocq will attempt to improve his 1-4 record in ATP World Tour doubles final after reaching the final with Albert Ramos, who will compete in his first title match. Berlocq and Ramos defeated fourth seeds Johan Brunstrom and Raven Klaasen 6-4, 6-3 in 70 minutes.
- Berdych Set For Top 5 Return After Dolgopolov Win
- Berdych Reaches Miami Third Round; Garcia-Lopez Records 200th Match Win
- Djokovic Fends Off Hanescu, Dimitrov Extends Streak
- Djokovic Crashes Dimitrov's Press Conference
- Bautista Agut Upsets Berdych, Lu Sets Isner Rematch
- Dimitrov Withstands Anderson Onslaught to Capture Acapulco Title