SKISTAR SWEDISH OPEN 2013
Monroe/Stadler Deny Berlocq Title 'Double' In Båstad
by ATP Staff|
Nicholas Monroe and Simon Stadler denied Carlos Berlocq the opportunity on Sunday to become the first ‘double’ champion at an ATP World Tour tournament in 18 months.
Monroe and Stadler defeated Berlocq and Albert Ramos 6-2, 3-6, 10-3 at the SkiStar Swedish Open to clinch their first ATP World Tour trophy. It was their eighth tournament as a pair.
Follow ATP World Tour On Facebook | Twitter
Monroe and Stadler had led 6-2, 1-0 before Berlocq and Ramos wrestled the momentum back by winning five straight games. But in the Match tie-break, the American-German team seized the early initiative en route to victory in 71 minutes.
A couple of hours earlier, Berlocq had won his first singles crown over Fernando Verdasco earlier in the day. Read Report
Monroe and Stadler, who beat top seeds Robert Lindstedt and Daniel Nestor in the quarter-finals, shared €23,800 in prize money and earned 250 Emirates ATP Ranking points.
Berlocq is now 1-5 lifetime in ATP World Tour doubles finals. Ramos was competing in his first team title match.
They split €12,500 in prize money and 250 Emirates ATP Ranking points.
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Chases Career Golden Masters
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines Toronto Field
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych Goes To Washington
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline