HALL OF FAME TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013
Newport Semi-finals To Resume Sunday
by ATP Staff|
Rain washed out play Saturday at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in Newport, postponing both semi-final matches to Sunday at 10am. The singles final is scheduled for a start time of not before 2pm, to be followed by the doubles final.
The John Isner vs Lleyton Hewitt semi-final will be on Center Court, while Nicolas Mahut and Michael Russell will resume their match on Court 1. Mahut and Russell had played just three points when a downpour suspended their match.
Mahut, a former singles and doubles finalist in Newport, will also play for a place in the doubles final along with countryman Edouard Roger-Vasselin. The No. 2 seeds won their first-round match Monday and received a walkover in the quarter-finals. They will play fourth-seeded Brazilians Marcelo Demoliner and Andre Sa, with the winner to face Americans Tim Smyczek and Rhyne Williams for the title.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Chases Career Golden Masters
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines Toronto Field
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych Goes To Washington
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline
- Hewitt Completes Newport Double
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer Leads Hamburg Field