Chardy Eyes Champion's Car After Mercedes-AMG Visit
by ATP Staff|
Jeremy Chardy has his sights set on the winner’s car at the MercedesCup in Stuttgart, a Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG „Edition 1“, after test driving it Tuesday at the “A 45 AMG Driving Experience”.
“I drove it, so now I want it,” he said with a laugh. “I just have to play very good. I will do my best to try to win this nice car.”
The Frenchman, who took home a Mercedes E350 after his triumph on his tournament debut in 2009, joined Germans Philipp Kohlschreiber and Michael Berrer on a visit to the Mercedes-AMG factory in Affalterbach, outside Stuttgart, where they received an exclusive guided tour.
“I’m very lucky to be here today,” said Chardy. “I think not many people can come to AMG, so it was very nice - very nice to drive [and] very interesting inside because I learnt a lot of things. I enjoyed it a lot.”
Berrer, whom Chardy will face in the second round on Wednesday, also relished the visit.
“When you are growing up in Stuttgart you’re automatically driven by cars because we have Mercedes and another company,” he said. “It’s always a dream to drive at AMG for most of the people. It’s something most people never have the luxury to experience. It’s really fast and the sound is amazing.”
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Chases Career Golden Masters
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines Toronto Field
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych Goes To Washington
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer Leads Hamburg Field
- Bautista Agut Wins Second Title In Four Weeks In Stuttgart